For The University of Houston School of Art
The School of Art is looking for a new staff position: Design and Social Media Coordinator. Please share this with your colleagues and friends. If interested, please send cover letter, resume and a link to portfolio to: bbougard@Central.UH.EDU
University of Houston School of Art | Design and Social Media Coordinator
Provides graphic design services in support of School of Art exhibitions and projects. Secondarily, provides, marketing and social media activity using those designs. Performs a variety of duties which would include designing visual assets for mass email, social media, marketing/publicity and print materials; working closely with college marketing team to deliver and receive assets; build social media audience; website redesign; manage and facilitate Zoom calls for public events; assist in writing copy for social media and email communications; and attend college-level marketing meetings. Position reports to the Director of the School of Art.
- Exceptional design skills
- BFA or MFA in Graphic Design preferred. Candidates with a Marketing, Communications, Arts Administration or equivalent degree also invited to apply.
- 2 years-experience working in the field preferred
- Facility in Adobe Suite, Office Suite
- Active social media presence preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- $24/hr | $17K annually
- Send the following to: bbougard@Central.UH.EDU
- Email subject line: Design and Social Media Coordinator
- A brief cover letter describing your experience and how it applies to the position
- Link to online portfolio | no images please